Buxton Student Voice Forum
An opportunity for Buxton students and reps to discuss their wider student experience together and with senior Buxton staff ahead of rep conference in Derby November 28. Is it also an opportunity to meet with senior staff over drinks and nibbles.
Wed 21 November 2018 15:00-17:00, Buxton Dome, D0/110
This is an opportunity for all Buxton students and reps to meet and discuss their wider student experience together and to feedback to senior Buxton staff. The timing of the meeting comes one week of ahead of rep conference in Derby on November 28, 3-5pm DO/116c. The rep conference panel debate is a fantastic opportunity to disacuss your experience with the leadership of the university. The idea of this pre-meeting is to discuss the min focus of your feedback so that anything discussed at panel debate is focused.
Is it also an opportunity to meet with senior staff and elected Buxton representatives, alittle less formally, over drinks and nibbles. We hope to establish a community of reps in Buxton and this is the first stage.
Agenda (taken from the ideas forum ideas)...
1. buxton to derby minibus –
2. buxton sports centre -
3. shop at the buxton dome site -
4. more parking for commuters based at buxton -
Students can ask more questions in advance here -
B. As it stands the panel is set to be:
· Tony Loynes A.C.Loynes@derby.ac.uk Tony Loynes is the course director for the Applied Management programmes at the University of Derby.
· Isobel Stockdale I.Stockdale@derby.ac.uk Deputy Head of Department and Head of Tourism and Spa
· Nicola Taylor N.Taylor3@derby.ac.uk Lecturer in Sport, Outdoor and Exercise
· Linda Birch L.Birch@derby.ac.uk Programme Leader BA (Hons) Outdoor Leadership and Management
· Brian Lutchmiah Team Leader, Student Wellbeing Service at University of Derby Buxton
· Richard Greensmith Operations Manager (Catering)
· Martin Beaumont, Head of Operations (Union of Students)
· Lisa Wakefield, Programme Leader FD(A) International Tourism Management
PLEASE NOTE ROOM CHANGE TO D0/110