The Derby Food 4 Thought Alliance (DF4TA) was set up at the start of the COVID pandemic to help tackle the immediate food poverty crisis in Derby. DF4TA partner with the Community Hub and 11 food banks around Derby to provide a holistic approach to food support. Last Christmas they delivered food parcels to 850 children across Derby, easing the burden for a lot of families. This Christmas they want to be able to do the same.
DF4TA are asking for donations of food and treats to help them reach their target of providing a happy holiday for every family in Derby. Whilst it would be great if they could get everything on the list from every family, they are realistic and appreciate any help that can be given. There are around 250,000 people in Derby – if everyone gave just one item DF4TA would have 250,000 items to distribute.
The items that are donated must be of a quality you would be happy to receive – no broken/dented tins, out-of-date items, missing labels, etc.
We'll be setting up a collection point at Info Point, Kedleston Road and encourage all staff and students to have a clear out of your cupboards and donate to those in need. Item suggestions:
- Cereal, porridge, oatmeal – breakfast type items
- Tinned potatoes, instant mash
- Tinned vegetables – any variety
- Packet dessert – Dream Topping, Angel delight etc.
- Tinned hot meat – stews etc.
- Tinned or packet soup
- Mince pies, Christmas pudding – Christmassy desserts
- Tinned cold meat
- Cranberry Sauce, apple sauce, mint sauce – Christmas dinner type condiments.
- Pasta sauce
- Bread sauce
- Tinned tuna/fish
- Tinned chopped tomatoes
- Pasta, rice, spaghetti – dry or tinned in sauce
- A Christmas treat – chocolate coins, advent calendar, selection box
- Christmas baking kit – cookie decorating, gingerbread men etc.
- Rice pudding
- Curry Sauce
- Tinned fruit – any variety
- Christmas crackers