As a Union, we recently held a Valentines Day stall on the 14th February, as part of our #haveanopinion campaign, to encourage staff and students to share a reason why they love themselves, to promote self-love, confidence and happiness on a day which often can spark mixed emotions.
Below are some of the reasons that our staff and students gave:
- I feel happy and contented
- I’m stronger than I ever thought possible
- I got my degree, even though things were against me
- I use my creativity to help people
- (I’m) over 40 and still fabulous!
- I care about the people around me
- That I am a true believer of God
- I’m a vegan
- I never give up
- I have a massive collection of memes saved for every situation
- I’m a law abiding citizen
- I get hit pretty hard but I keep bouncing back!
- I’m still trying
We had over 50 staff and students get involved with our stand to express and share self-appreciation and pride- a great way to celebrate!
Keep an eye out for other #haveanopinion events throughout the year.
With love from,
Scarlet and the Advice Team x