What is Dodgeball?
Dodge, duck, dip, dive & dodge!
Did you play dodgeball in school? Have you ever seen the film, 'Dodgeball'? Well, University Dodgeball is completely different to that (and much better)!
Dodgeball is a fast paced, high intensity, non-contact sport played by two teams of six players, with the aim being to eliminate your opponent before they eliminate you. This can be done by hitting them out with your thrown ball or catching a ball thrown by the opposition, using a variety of tactics.
Doesn't matter if you're a beginner, or never played before. Our President is useless so you'll fit in just fine!
Currently we have two mens teams and a womens team (this coming year we are hoping for a second). And, with the introduction of mixed league, we are hoping to assemble a mixed team!
We welcome all abilities, whether you have never thrown a ball in your life to having had years of experience!
when is it?
- Tuesdays: 4pm-5:30pm in the Sports Hall at Kedleston Road
- Fridays: 3pm-5pm at the Willows Sports Centre (£2 a session)
how much is it to join?
Our annual standard membership fee is £30. Membership includes:
- Kit (which is brand new)
- The opportunity to compete in University league and tournaments throughout the year
- Transport to and from these events
- Hiring of facilities
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
follow us on social media!
- Facebook: University of Derby Dodgeball 2018-2019
- Twitter: @derbyseahawks
- Instagram: @derbyseahawksdodgeball
- Snapchat: derbyseahawks
Check out our squad in action!