Pool & Snooker
Originally founded as a Society, Pool and Snooker can announce that we have now moved to a sport to be able to offer our members even more than before. Whether you’re a complete beginner or a more experienced pro pool player, if you’re looking to meet new people and have a good time, Pool and Snooker is for you!
Our home turf is The Corn Exchange pool hall in the City Centre, only 15-20 minutes away from most university halls, and right next door to the Derbion shopping centre (formally known as Intu). We meet every week, on alternating Mondays and Tuesdays (5pm-8pm) for official get-togethers to ensure that people can at least make every other session. In addition, all pool tables in University of Derby halls of residence are FREE, so we can use these for extra socials, as well as get in extra practice! Previously we have collaborated with Derby Uni halls to run two tournaments for halls students with a prize of £50!
Throughout the course of the year, there will be many opportunities to be able to socialise with fellow members outside of our usual venues. This will include fun social events, internal and external friendly tournaments, collaborations with other clubs and many RAG events to raise money for charity.
For members looking to be a part of Pool and Snooker, no matter your ability or previous experience, we can offer for you:
- A warm and inviting environment to learn or develop your skills as a pool and snooker player.
- The opportunity to meet and create new friendships with fellow members of the club.
- A wide variety of both pool and non-pool related events, throughout the course of the academic year.
Social Membership for the academic year is £30 and will give you access to the following:
- Over 100 hours of pool and/or snooker (Usually £5 p/hour)
- Social events run by the Committee.
- Inner club tournaments.
- Access to club pool cues within the University of Derby run halls of residence and the Union Academy Bar.
Professional Development Add On* for the academic year is £15, and will give you access to:
- Another 54 hours of pool, which will include coaching and development to improve members abilities.
- Possible entry to BUCs if you are selected for Teams.
- Both Internal and External tournaments.
This is for members with a good knowledge of pool, who are looking to improve their skills to be involved in the competitive side of the sport. This is NOT for beginner players.
*Please speak to a member of our Committee before purchasing the add on.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in we will have a stand at freshers week where you can come and have a chat to the members of the committee to find out more!
Follow us on our social media platforms for all the latest information regarding our club. If you want to find more information about the club, then feel free to contact us via any of our social media accounts, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!
Facebook - @UoDPoolSnooker
Twitter - @UoDPoolSnooker
Instagram - @UoDPoolSnooker
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org