The Squash Club trains each week on the Squash courts in the sports centre.
We compete in BUCS league matches on Wednesday afternoons. Club training is led by an England Squash level 3 qualified coach. The Club is aiming to develop more opportunities for students to play recreational squash this year as well as recruit more players to participate in the BUCS league, representing Team Derby.
This year we will have 2 mens teams competing in the BUCS leagues, both of whom had respectable seasons last year which we will be looking to build on and improve this year. We are also reintroducing a womens team for the 2020/21 season and hope to introduce more girls to the sport.
So, if you are a seasoned veteran, looking to try something new or even a fun way to get fit, why not give the Squash Club a try?
Club Training Sessions:
- Monday (Social Session) - 6:00pm - 8:00pm (varying)
- Tuesday (Team Training) - 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Wednesday - BUCS matches
- Thursday (Team Training) - 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Courts available to those who want to play whenever they like
- We will also have many social events, around once a fortnight
Facebook: University of Derby Squash Club