Team Derby Taekwon-Do is a branch of Derby School of Taekwon-Do — which teaches ITF Taekwon-Do to students studying at the University of Derby. Classes are run for beginners (where no prior experience or fitness level is expected) all the way through to the higher levels of black belt.
Our resident International Instructor is Master Knighton who has been in the UKTA and ITF for over twenty-seven years. Our classes are currently located at:
- Kirtley Dance Studio, University of Derby
- Sports Centre, University of Derby
- Lafayette Suite, North Block, St Benedict School, Duffield Rd.
Training regularly in Taekwon-Do has many benefits. You will quickly experience improvements in both your fitness and flexibility that in turn improves your overall feeling of well being. Over time as your skill in Taekwon-Do improves your confidence and self defence ability will grow. As well as physical improvement Taekwon-Do nurtures mental improvement too. The tenets; Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self Control and Indomitable Spirit go hand in hand with the physical activities.
You can contact us on our Facebook page or email the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining the Club
Joining the club entitles members to:
- 4 training sessions
- A basic BTC Licence to train at the uni (this can be upgraded to a UKTA Licence)
- Access to all social events.
Training costs are as follows:
- £3 Per Lesson (paid to a member of the committee at training)
- SPECIAL OFFER – £120 for two sessions a week for the entirety of the academic year