The GPN SNN supports the delivery of the General Practice Nursing 10 Point Plan with funding from NHS England.
Launched in October 2018, the GPN Student Nurse Network aims to:
- Celebrate and raise the profile of general practice nursing.
- Promote general practice as a placement within the student community.
- Promote general practice nursing as a preferred career choice to other students and the wider nursing community.
Our ambassadors come from each region in England. Read more about their backgrounds on our ambassadors’ page and be sure to read the GPN SNN blog.
How will we do this?
- Visit universities to promote general practice.
- Lead the vision through social media by engaging student nurses and building positive perceptions of a career in primary care.
- Engaging in the wider perceptions of nursing and midwifery programme and contribute to the atlas of shared learning as part of Leading Change, Adding Value; a framework for nursing, midwifery and care staff.