The Futures Award is a university-led initiative that rewards students for any co-curricular, employability related activity including volunteering and social media. Completing your Futures Award is a great way to make the most of your experience so you're snapped up by employers once you graduate.
If you have been involved in any Union events or activities, you already have something to add to your Futures Award portfolio!
How do I get started?
You will need to head to dby.ac/careers to set up your Futures Award profile. Once you have registered you can start to add your experience.
What support can I get from the Union?
Although the Futures Award is managed by the University Careers Service, the Activities team here at the Union of Students are on hand to help you through the process.
Whether you need ideas on what counts towards gaining the award, or support on how to upload your evidence, we can help!
We can also help you with writing reflections, doing your skills audit, practising for interviews (needed for the Gold tier).
What Union Activities count towards my Futures Award?
This award recognises your involvement as a volunteer within the following roles:
- Union Sports committee member
- Union Societies committee member
- Union Student-Led Services committee member
- Student Representative
- Part-Time Officer
- Hosting a radio show
- Running in the Union Elections
- Being an active member of a society, sports club, or Student-Led Service
- Working for the Union either in our Offices or Outlets like Blends or Keddies
- Sitting on a Student Council